We have recently updated the following fact sheets related to our Myths and Facts about Print and Paper:
- Paper supports sustainable forest management
- Carbon footprint
- Renewable Energy
- One of the few truly sustainable products
- Sustainable forest management benefits people and the planet
Many of the updates are a result of AF&PA’s most recent industry sustainability report. Here are a few highlights:
- The forest products industry is the largest producer of renewable biomass energy in the United States, generating 77% of the nation’s industrial biomass energy. Additionally, the renewable energy generated by the forest products industry exceeds all of the nation’s solar, wind and geothermal energy generation combined.
- The forest products industry is a leader in the production of renewable energy, with more than 65% of the on-site energy needed to produce paper products derived from carbon-neutral biomass.
- GHG emissions intensity [for the U.S. forest products industry] in 2010 was 10.5% lower than in baseline year 2005.
We invite all our readers to use this information to promote the positive environmental message behind print and paper products. The fact sheets are intended to make credible facts available to all, and also provide the sources of information. The system has three levels for each of our seven Myths and Facts – let’s use one Myth and Fact as an example:
- Paper Supports Sustainable Forest Management. Just go to the main web page for a quick overview of the facts.
- Then click on the Full Fact Sheet Link at the bottom of the page.
- Once you are in the Fact Sheet, you can access all the source documents (citations are hyperlinked to the source documents which are downloadable from our website). Only public documents are available.
As always…any feedback is welcome.
We are currently putting the finishing touches on a new webpage on Environmental Marketing Best Practices for Print and Paper Products, version 2 of our Myths and Facts brochure, as well as a new consumer facing website and ad campaign. More to come on this soon!
President and COO
Two Sides U.S., Inc.